Why am I posting a thing like this on our family blog? Maybe it will help others that are having a similar problem with their blog. I use WordPress as my blogging software. Lately, my software updates have been failing. Blogging software and other web/Internet software needs to be updated when there are discovered vulnerabilities just like other software. I also use something called Jetpack that provides statistics and other functions for my blog. It also needed to be updated and was failing. OK, I am going to get a little geeky here, so if this is of no interest to you, then thanks for stopping by.
To fix this:
- First, log into your web site administration control panel however you do it. For me, it is cpanel. Get into your file manager and find your plugin directory.
- Find the jetpack directory inside your plugin directory and delete the whole jetpack directory.
- Do a plugin update if required.
- Do a WordPress update. It took quite a while for me. If it asks you to do a database update, do it.
- Reinstall the Jetpack plugin and activate it.
- Have fun.
I hope this helps someone with a similar problem.